New Orleans, LA 70119
Monday: ClosedTuesday: ClosedWednesday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PMThursday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PMFriday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PMSaturday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PMSunday: 10:30 AM - 9:30 PMopen between 3pm-6pm, Wed-sat. Brunch on Sunday.
- Amenities Private Party Room
- Special Needs Organic Menu Items
- Bar Full Bar
- Banquet Facilities 10 - 20 People, Off-Site Catering
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Attire Casual
- Meal Times Served Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Parking Availability Street
- Atmosphere Romantic, Outdoor Dining, Scenic View
- Payment Methods
Café Degas was named after the 19th century French Impressionist, Hilaire Germain Edgar Degas, who in 1872 visited New Orleans and stayed for a short time down the street at 2306 Esplanade Ave.
French artist and restaurateur, Jacques Soulas, came to New Orleans in 1980, and with his friend Jerry Edgar decided to build a restaurant that would be reminiscent of his homeland, and where diners could experience French Bistro atmosphere (with a New Orleans touch), good food and an inspired Wine List.
They chose the current location for old historic charm, the area's artful and picturesque appeal, and because the available space was just right for the effect they were trying to create.
Space is indeed tight in this small café, and we use the lack of space as an asset. How, you wonder? Well, since there isn't enough space for storage, everything is bought fresh every morning.
Through the years Café Degas has become a standard for quality of food and service, as we continuously try to perfect the art of enticing the palate with our deliciously prepared daily specials and wine selection.
We hope to see you in person soon. Bon Appetit!!!
- Best Known For
- French Bistro French Onion Soup, Steamed Mussels and Fennel, Hanger Steak Served with Panes Frites
- 2010 country roads magazine, readers choice "favorite things"
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Cafe Degas and other restaurants in your area!