Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop
Metairie, LA 70001
Monday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMTuesday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMWednesday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMThursday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMFriday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMSaturday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMSunday: Closed
- Parking Availability Parking on Site
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Attire Casual
- Amenities Wi-fi, TV
- Special Needs Organic Menu Items, Non Smoking Area, Booster/High Chairs, Child Menu, Gluten-Free Items
- Atmosphere Family / Children
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Payment Methods
When you're in the mood for good times and great cuisine, be sure to check us out! Our restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. The menu features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. We have established ourselves as one of the area's favorite culinary destinations and are sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Stop in soon!
- Chef's Bio
- Ronald Iafrate grew up in New England as the youngest son of a second generation Italian family. He learned his love for cooking at home and combined it with the diverse culinary traditions of the northeast where he developed his particular style of comfort foods. He graduated from Johnson and Wales College in Culinary Arts and has received further certifications in Nutrition, Management, and Sanitation. He sat on the board at the Louisiana Technical College and has participated in cooking demonstrations and culinary tours. His first break in the business came when he worked under the renowned chef Fred Faria who introduced him to delights of Cajun cooking and music in Acadia, Rhode Island. His industry experience has involved both restaurants and chain hospitality operations throughout Florida and Massachusetts. He has compiled an extensive repertoire of recipes in haute cuisine, working at the Doubletree as Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, and Task Force Chef.
- Besides winning an award for his outstanding gumbo, Chef Ron, received a prestigious award of 2010 Chef of the year, which was nominated and voted on by his peers at the American Culinary Federation.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop and other restaurants in your area!