Towson, MD 21286
Monday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMTuesday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMWednesday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMThursday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMFriday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMSaturday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMSunday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMKitchen open until 10pm. Bar open until 2am.
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Atmosphere Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Parking Availability Parking on Site
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
- Attire Casual
- Bar Full Bar
- Amenities TV
- Payment Methods
Seafood lovers flock to Crackpot Restaurant from miles around. The restaurant's famous crab cakes draw customers from Baltimore and beyond. Crab fluffs, crab dips and even crab pretzels are among the unique offerings. Try the Mexican crab cake with a cheese "sombrero," or the Pounder Plus, which weighs in at a whopping 20 ounces. Crackpot Restaurant also serves up non-shellfish specialties like haddock, flounder and roughy. Accompany your meal with a microbrewed raspberry cider or a Sierra Nevada pale ale on tap. Crackpot Restaurant's snappy service, pitch-perfect lighting and casual atmosphere make for a great family visit. Head over soon, and you are sure to be awash in good food.
- Chef's Bio
- In 1998, Chef Tom Lyons and owner Neil Smith decided to experiment with their crab cakes. This led to the introduction of the largest crab cake in the world - The 20 Ounce Pounder Plus. Chef Lyons also invented seven crab cake variations- the Smokehouse crab cake, Blackened crab cake, Mexican crab cake, Hawaiian crab cake, Cruise Missile crab cake, Caribbean Jerk crab cake, and Italian crab cake. Tom and Neil appeared on four radio stations with their new creations and The Sun did a two-page article on the Crackpot and it's crab cakes that featured Neil on the front page of the Today section holding The Pounder Plus.
- Best Known For
- Offering steamed crabs year round, "The Pounder Plus" 20 ounce crab cake, specialty crab cakes.
- The Crackpot Restaurant has been awarded "Best Service", "Best Family Dining", "Best Appetizers", "Best Steamed Crabs", and "Best Crab Cakes" last 10 years in Towson Magazine.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Crackpot Restaurant and other restaurants in your area!