Towson, MD 21286
Monday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMTuesday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMWednesday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMThursday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMFriday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMSaturday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMSunday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 AMKitchen open until 10pm.
Bar open until 2am.
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Atmosphere Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Parking Availability Parking on Site
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
- Attire Casual
- Bar Full Bar
- Amenities TV
- Payment Methods
The Crackpot Seafood Restaurant was opened in 1971 and was one of the first crab houses in Baltimore to fly crabs in from Louisiana year round. As one might expect, the Crackpot has won numerous awards for it's hot, steamed crabs- the most recent being Best Steamed Crabs of 2003 - Towson Magazine. As the popularity of the Crackpot grew, so did its menu. By 1983, it was voted the Best Seafood Restaurant by the Baltimore Magazine. The Crackpot Restaurant, located in one of Towson's most pleasant settings, has built a solid reputation for offering guests superb cuisine and pleasant dining. The restaurant offers a casual, comfortable setting, and is the perfect place to spend time with family and friends. Crackpot features an impressively varied menu, complete with house specialties, with something sure to please every member of your group. The friendly staff at Crackpot Restaurant looks forward to making your next dining experience a pleasant and truly unforgettable experience.
- Chef's Bio
- In 1998, Chef Tom Lyons and owner Neil Smith decided to experiment with their crab cakes. This led to the introduction of the largest crab cake in the world - The 20 Ounce Pounder Plus. Chef Lyons also invented seven crab cake variations- the Smokehouse crab cake, Blackened crab cake, Mexican crab cake, Hawaiian crab cake, Cruise Missile crab cake, Caribbean Jerk crab cake, and Italian crab cake. Tom and Neil appeared on four radio stations with their new creations and The Sun did a two-page article on the Crackpot and it's crab cakes that featured Neil on the front page of the Today section holding The Pounder Plus.
- Best Known For
- Offering steamed crabs year round, "The Pounder Plus" 20 ounce crab cake, specialty crab cakes.
- The Crackpot Restaurant has been awarded "Best Service", "Best Family Dining", "Best Appetizers", "Best Steamed Crabs", and "Best Crab Cakes" last 10 years in Towson Magazine.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Crackpot Restaurant and other restaurants in your area!