New York, NY 10014
Monday: 12:00 PM - 10:30 PMTuesday: 12:00 PM - 10:30 PMWednesday: 12:00 PM - 10:30 PMThursday: 12:00 PM - 10:30 PMFriday: 12:00 PM - 11:30 PMSaturday: 12:00 PM - 11:30 PMSunday: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Closed Everyday 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM, Happy Hour from 6-8 everyday
- Amenities Garden & Downstairs, Private Party Room
- Atmosphere Year Round Garden, Outdoor Dining
- Attire Other
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Parking Availability Street
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Banquet Facilities 20 - 50 People, 50 - 100 People, Off-Site Catering
- Payment Methods
Located in New York City artsy West Village area, DeSantos features an authentic and mostly traditional menu heavy on from-the-sea rich in the finest traditions of Europe's food cultures, ranging from the Mediterranean to Southern Europe using local, organic and seasonal ingredients.
DeSantos was designed to feel rustic and warm with exposed brick and light wooden tables paired up with a carrera marble top and walnut stools and chairs custom-made. There's also a spacious patio seating, and a private dining room where private parties usually are held.
Following the concept that "food tastes better with music," DeSantos serves it dishes while eclectic tracks of bossa nova and lounge-ready electronica plays along.
- Chef's Bio
- Aldo Alo, executive chef and co-owner was born in Luxembourg and raised in Italy. He began working at his family's restaurant at a young age finding his love and passion for the culinary arts; consequently, he decided to attend culinary school at the Instituto Professionale Di Stato Per i Servizi Alberghieri della Ristorazione in the town of Castellana Grotte, Italy.
While attending school he started to get some experience working in different locations such as Sardinia, Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, Fruili-Venezia Giulia, among others. At the age of twenty, he accepted an offer from Mr. Abbate to work in San Juan, Puerto Rico at La Bella Piazza. After that stage, he returned to Italy to work at Bibione, a four-star hotel on the Adriatic Coast. Finally, he went to Miami for vacation, but ending up staying to work in various South Beach Delray and Palm Beach restaurants. Most recently, he was executive chef of Savanna's in Southampton.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for De Santos and other restaurants in your area!