Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Monday: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PMTuesday: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PMWednesday: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PMThursday: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PMFriday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PMSaturday: 11:30 AM - 10:30 PMSunday: 12:00 PM - 9:30 PMOpen Mon-Sat from 11:15a-10:30p & Sun from 12p-9:30p
- Atmosphere Scenic View, Family / Children, Sports Bar
- Amenities Dancing, Darts, TV, Karaoke, Private Party Room, Wi-fi
- Special Needs Senior Discount, Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Banquet Facilities 20 - 50 People, Off-Site Catering
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Attire Casual
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour
- Parking Availability Parking on Site
- Payment Methods
Our story begins in the late 1940's in Washington, DC, at a place called "The Cavalier Restaurant," located on 14th street. It was owned by the Portner family who began one of the first pizza operations in Washington, DC. Customers who have been following the pizza since the 1940's tell of how common it was to see lines down the street for hours at a time, just to get a chance to try the famous Cavalier Pizza. The restaurant thrived until the 1960 when it was moved to Montgomery County and found its new home in Rockville, in the Twinbrook Shopping Center. The Portners maintained ownership until 1970, at which time Jim Hance and the Hance Family took over the reins. The Restaurants name was changed to "Gentleman Jim's." The high quality and unique flavor of the "Cavalier Pizza" was kept exactly the same. Chef Pete who cooked for the Portners at the Cavalier, is still a full time chef at Gentleman Jim's Gaithersburg.
- Best Known For
- The only Washington Style Pizza (Cavalier Pizza) All dishes prepared fresh daily Original chef from Cavalier Pizza
- Gentleman Jim's was awarded "Washingtonian Magazine: Best Pizza" Twice!
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Gentleman Jim's and other restaurants in your area!