Grotta Azzurra Ristorante
New York, NY 10013
Monday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMTuesday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMWednesday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMThursday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMFriday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMSaturday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PMSunday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 PM
- Meal Times Served Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour
- Parking Availability Street
- Atmosphere Romantic, Outdoor Dining, Bar Scene
- Amenities TV, Private Party Room, Wi-fi
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Banquet Facilities Off-Site Catering
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Attire Casual
- Payment Methods
They say Rome wasn't built in a day, and the same can be said for Little Italy, one of New York City's most quaint, romantic, and historic neighborhoods where legends like Robert Deniro and Frank Sinatra spent most of their famous youth.
Founded in 1908 by the Davino family, Grotta Azzurra was named for the blue grotto on the Isle of Capri and designed to evoke the beauty of one of the worlds most famous caves in the world, intensified.
Enrico Caruso feasted here after performances, and Sinatra called it his one and only favorite Italian restaurant, making it the site of many a "Rat Pack" evening.
Shuttered for six years, Grotta Azzurra has now been stunningly renovated and re-birthed by a descendant renaissance for dining in Little Italy, with multi-talented chef Frank Castellana recreating the finest in Italian cuisine.
- Best Known For
- Wine Cellar Dining, Homemade Dishes, Wine List
- "Wine Spectator: Award of Excellence for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 & again in 2011 as well as the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Wine Enthusiast: Award of Distinction.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Grotta Azzurra Ristorante and other restaurants in your area!