J. Trani's Ristorante
San Pedro, CA 90731
Monday: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PMTuesday: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PMWednesday: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PMThursday: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PMFriday: 11:30 AM - 9:30 PMSaturday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PMSunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PMLunch Tues-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm. Dinner Mon-Thurs 5:30pm-9pm, Fri-Sat 5pm-9:30pm, Sun 5pm-9pm.
- Parking Availability Street
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Attire Casual
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Amenities TV, Private Party Room, 40-100 people
- Banquet Facilities 50 - 100 People, Off-Site Catering
- Special Needs Corkage $8, Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Atmosphere Romantic, Fireplace, Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Payment Methods
On a typical Friday night at J. Trani's Ristorante, a visit to the dining room reveals a host of family and friends and the bar is bustling with a crowd that can only be described as enthusiastic. Most of the crowds are long time friends, but even those who aren't are made to feel like one of the family. This is the way it has been at Trani's-a family owned and operated restaurant-for nearly 85 years. Friends and family from all walks of life frequently get together to enjoy a great meal in a warm and friendly environment. J. Trani's Ristorante is a neighborly place, where waiters aren't excessively fawning and the prices aren't excessively high. Menu highlights include Italian specialties, house-made pastas, fresh fish and flavorful meats. Trani's is the place to visit to satisfy your need for fine dining and great food in a friendly atmosphere. Whether you are in the mood for Italian, fresh Seafood, or a great Steak, make Trani's your next stop. J.Trani's invites you to book your next party in our banquet facilities. Allow our family to make your evening special with our authentic cuisine and gracious hospitality. We would love to have the opportunity to host you and your family for a wonderful evening fine dining with our exceptional service. Our large banquet room can comfortably accommodate up to 100 seated. For a more intimate gathering our smaller room seats up to 40. For larger parties both rooms can be combined.
- Chef's Bio
- On August 25th 1913, 18-year-old Filippo Trani arrived on Ellis Island with $20 in his pocket. His former home was the island of Ischia, off the coast of central Italy. Filippo journeyed across the country to the small seaport town of San Pedro and would make it his home. In 1925, after years of farming, fishing and committed hard work, Filippo opened his first food establishment, the "Majestic Cafe". In 1937, at the age of 13 Filippo's son Jim, joined his father at the Majestic. Filippo instilled in Jim a love for cooking, which he in turn passed onto his son Jim Jr. In 1990, father and son continued the family tradition by opening a fourth Trani restaurant in San Pedro. Now. 17 years later, Jim Jr. is carrying on the family tradition by bringing his sons into the family business. Son and executive chef Dustin, has studied at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone and has recently returned from a 5-week apprenticeship at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok.
- Best Known For
- Fried Calamari, Fresh Seafood, Specialty Pasta, Specialty Steaks, Steamed Clams,
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for J. Trani's Ristorante and other restaurants in your area!