Brooklyn, NY 11205
Monday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMTuesday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMWednesday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMThursday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMFriday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMSaturday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AMSunday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM12 noon to midnight 7 days a week.
- Parking Availability Street
- Meal Times Served Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Happy Hour
- Attire Casual, No Dress Code
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines, Micro Brews
- Amenities Wi-fi, TV, Private Party Room
- Banquet Facilities 20 - 50 People
- Special Needs Early Bird Specials, Senior Discount, Organic Menu Items, Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu, BYOB
- Atmosphere Romantic, Live Music, Outdoor Dining, Scenic View, Family / Children, Bar Scene, Sports Bar
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Payment Methods
Sawubona, Welcome. Our restaurant offers a unique South African experience, the first of its kind in the United States. Since 1999 at our first restaurant in Fort Greene, Brooklyn we have proudly brought our guess traditionally prepared specialties from our nation. Never complacent, we added a second location in South Beach, Florida, and successfully sold it as our first franchise in 2007. Madiba Restaurant pays homage to Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela and is dedicated to the future of South Africa, a future that promises greater cultural harmony, economic development, and collective enjoyment of a World in One Country. Our concept is steeped in the tradition of Shebeen, the informal dining halls in South African townships. These gathering places are where South Africans leave the work day behind to embrace joy, laughter, community, and a little beer to boot. The Shebeen offers sanctuary to the weary and well traveled; a visit to one is the ultimate experience of everyday life one can have while touring South Africa. From humble beginnings,South Africans townships replete with history and culture have flourished as the hub of activity and social life in each community. The feeling of Ubuntu humanity in the Xhosa language is the very core of each township's existence. Madiba restaurant is your gateway to South Africa. Through our electric cuisine, authentic music, arts & crafts, homesick? products, and highly successful catering business, we are celebrating and preserving the culture and vitality of a unique continent and extending it well beyond the shores of Africa. We are honored to reinvest a percentage of our proceeds in the people of South Africa via the charities Ubuntu Education Fund, Ethembeni School of the Blind, Achilles, and others. Please see web site for more information.
- Best Known For
- Oxtail Potiekos Bredie, Pap & Boerewors, Char-Grilled Steaks
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Madiba Restaurant and other restaurants in your area!