Mt. Adams Bar & Grill
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Monday: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PMTuesday: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PMWednesday: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PMThursday: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PMFriday: 11:30 AM - 12:00 AMSaturday: 11:30 AM - 12:00 AMSunday: 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Parking Availability Street
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour 4-7pm
- Attire Casual
- Bar Full Bar
- Amenities Wi-fi, TV, Private Party Room
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs
- Atmosphere Scenic View, Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Payment Methods
The Mt. Adams Bar & Grill backbar reputedly came out of a speakeasy owned by the infamous Cincinnati bootlegger, George Remus. Speakeasys were illegal bars operated during the Prohibition of alcohol decreed in 1919 by the 18th amendment to our Constitution. Remus, a Chicago criminal attorney, moved to Cincinnati and bought a distillery to produce legal bonded whiskey for medicinal purposes by prescription only. Not surprisingly, a great deal of Remus whiskey found its way into speakeasys.
At the height of his sucess he employed 3,000 people and $20,000,000 in bribes to local police and officials. His sucess brought him $45,000,000 in profits and the unwelcome attention of Federal agents. Scheduled for trial he gave his diamond collection to his wife. For unknown reasons she promptly filed for divorce, but in a diabolical twist, just two hours before the trial was scheduled to begin, Remus tracked her down in Eden Park and killed her. He pled guilty due to insanity, spent three months in a state mental hospital, after which he was found sane and released.
Prohibition was repealed in 1933 with the passage of the 21st amendment and the Bar & Grill in its present location was the first drinking establishment in Ohio to obtain a liquor license.
- Best Known For
- Homemade soups, Homemade desserts, Best selection of sandwiches & salads, Great place to celebrate, After dinner drinks at Blind Lemon downstairs
- Midwest Living Magazine -Best Cheeseburger & Best Apple Pie
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Mt. Adams Bar & Grill and other restaurants in your area!