Nicholas James Bistro
Merrick, NY 11566
Monday: ClosedTuesday: 11:30 AM - 9:30 PMWednesday: 11:30 AM - 9:30 PMThursday: 11:30 AM - 9:30 PMFriday: 11:30 AM - 10:30 PMSaturday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PMSunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PMLunch: Tue-Fri 11:30am-3pm. Dinner: Tue-Thur 4-9:30pm. Fri-Sat 4-10:30pm. Sun 4-9pm.
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Attire Casual
- Amenities TV
- Banquet Facilities 50 - 100 People, Off-Site Catering
- Atmosphere Romantic, Family / Children
- Special Needs Non Smoking Area, Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access
Executive Chef Kevin's imaginative menus, together with his careful preparation and exquisite presentation of dishes, make dining at Nicholas James Bistro a delicious adventure. With your health and pleasure in mind, Kevin tends to forgo heavy cream in his recipes, and favors lighter and more natural flavors that result from using stock reductions in his dishes. Signature dishes range from a delightful California Baby Green Salad, made with white doughnut peaches, crumbled goat cheese, croutons, sprouts, Roma tomatoes and raspberry-balsamic vinaigrette, to his Roasted Honey-Lacquered Duck and his Scallopine of Ostrich. In addition to the menu's attractive regular offerings, Nicholas James Bistro features ever-changing and exciting daily specials. General Manager Baldassare Pipitone has carefully assembled an extensive wine list that includes imported and domestic selections for all tastes and pocketbooks. The restaurant has a full liquor license, and happily offers you your choice of beverages. The casual and attractive 2-level dining room is comfortable for dining and for private parties. Nicholas James Bistro's energetic Staff is eager to please you. The restaurant also offers widely acclaimed on and off-premises catering services for all occasions.
- Chef's Bio
- Executive Chef Kevin Liebov has brought the taste and culinary adventure of Manhattan to Merrick. Since late 1996, when Kevin and his father, Charles, purchased the restaurant, Kevin has achieved a sweeping and delightful re-creation of the Bistro. Offering a contemporary and seasonal American approach to food, Nicholas James Bistro has achieved an enthusiastic and loyal following in the community. Kevin studied culinary arts at New York Institute of Technology. Before coming to Nicholas James Bistro, he was Chef at Enoteca Toscana in Douglastown, Queens, worked under Richard Allen at The Garden City Hotel's Polo Grill, and under Greg Goden at Andiamo, near Manhattan's Lincoln Center. His training and tireless experimentation in the kitchen manifests itself in all aspects of Nicholas James Bistro's emergence as a culinary leader in Long Island.
- Best Known For
- Serving food cooked with your health in mind.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Nicholas James Bistro and other restaurants in your area!