Chicago, IL 60614
Monday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMTuesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMWednesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMThursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMFriday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PMSaturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PMSunday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PMClosed Monday
- Parking Availability Valet, Street
- Atmosphere Outdoor Dining, Romantic, Family / Children
- Bar Micro Brews, Full Bar, Beer, Wines
- Banquet Facilities Off-Site Catering, 50 - 100 People
- Attire Casual, No Dress Code
- Special Needs Wheelchair Access, Booster/High Chairs, Non Smoking Area, Smoking Section
- Meal Times Served Late Night, Dinner
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Payment Methods
Restaurateur Johnny Tarantino spent over four years meticulously searching for the perfect chef to head up the team at his restaurant. Tarantinos, the owners innovative and cosmopolitan concept, was up and running but missing the creative culinary spark that separates the extraordinary dining experience from that of the every day. Chef Marcelo Mendonca was ready to accept the new challenge and joined the restaurants team ready to impose his cultivated and perfected craft. Tarantinos has never been the same! The restaurant was virtually transformed over night complete with a new menu showcasing regional and modern adaptations to traditional Italian favorites. Tarantinos provides an elegant and comfortable ambiance that is perfect for any special occasion or gathering with friends. The soft lighting reaches to all corners of the dining space but not too much as to take away from the dainty, classy, candles that light each individual table. The menu is vast and inventive featuring Fresh Seafood, Duck, Veal, Pork, and signature Homemade pastas. Notable selections include the Beef Carpaccio Appetizer, Pasta Farfalle (with smoked chicken, tomatoes, and spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil,) The Drunken Pork Chop (with cabbage, pancetta, garlic-whipped potatoes and grape chutney,) and the Seared Duck Breast (with roasted butternut squash, duck confit and lentils.) Additionally, Tarantinos boasts a friendly and inviting bar where guests are welcome to take advantage of the impressive wine and martini menus. Johnny Tarantino and his professional team look forward to serving you soon.
- Chef's Bio
- Executive Chef Marcelo Mendonca, formally of the River West Demi Mezzo, has pushed the traditional plates aside and revived Tarantinos Italian cuisine with a contemporary flair. Since commencing culinary training as a child in his mothers Brazilian kitchen, Mendonca has mastered his craft on both East and West coasts; from a private chef in Beverly Hills to a caterer on Park Avenue, he has cultivated his skills and developed a gift for preparing regional Italian and Noveau Mexican fare. Mendonca brings a refreshing and seasonal new menu to the table that he spices up with eclecticism to ultimately produce contemporary Italian cuisine that will make mouths water! Daily risotto is a menu highlight that Mendonca changes nightly to freshen the selection. Mendonca pays attention to these small details that will make your dining experience one that wont soon be forgotten.
- Best Known For
- Inventive, original and light Italian fare.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Tarantino's and other restaurants in your area!