The Feasting Fox Historic Restaurant & Pub
St Louis, MO 63111
Monday: ClosedTuesday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMWednesday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMThursday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMFriday: 11:00 AM - 9:30 PMSaturday: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PMSunday: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PMClosed Mondays
- Meal Times Served Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour
- Parking Availability Parking on Site
- Atmosphere Romantic, Live Music, Outdoor Dining, Family / Children, Restored Historic Building & lots of History
- Amenities TV, Private Party Room, Wi-fi, Two Private Banquet Facilities
- Special Needs Non Smoking Area, Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines, Micro Brews, German Beers & Wines
- Banquet Facilities 10 - 20 People, 20 - 50 People, 50 - 100 People, Tour Groups Welcome
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Attire Casual
- Payment Methods
The name of our restaurant comes from the combination of the name known to St. Louis, Al Smith's and the Feasting Fox, or Busch's Inn, the symbol of hospitality which graces the side of the Anheuser Busch Brewery. Built in 1914 by August A. Busch, Sr. of Anheuser Busch, Inc. in an era during strong prohibition movement, Busch wanted to show that beer could be served in a respectable family establishment instead of the typical sawdust floor saloon full of rifraff. It's timber and stucco construction, steeply pitched roof and corner turret have made it a historic St. Louis landmark. Enjoy dining in this historic landmark, showcasing antiques and brewery memorabilia. Offering a variety of entrees for both lunch and dinner, the Feasting Fox also specializes in distinct German dishes such as Wiener Schnitzel, German sausages, Apple Strudel and more. Our decor represents a taste of the German heritage that you will find throughout our Restaurant, Bar and Banquet areas. Live entertainment is offered on Wednesday and Friday nights. We invite you to stop in for lunch or dinner-Tuesday through Sunday-and enjoy our tantalizing entrees. Come in and see us soon!Martin & Sue Luepker, owners - Feasting Fox Restaurant & Gretchen's Inn Banquet Facilities
- Best Known For
- German Sausage, Sauerbraten, Wiener Schnitzel, and other German entrees, Stuffed Pork Loin, Potatoe Pancakes, Pistacio Chicken, & House made warm Apple Strudel as well as seafood and grilled steaks.
- Best in German in Riverfront Times Readers Poll, Best German Restaurant food by Sauce magazine in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for The Feasting Fox Historic Restaurant & Pub and other restaurants in your area!