Tu Y Yo
Somerville, MA 02144
Monday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMTuesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMWednesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMThursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMFriday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PMSaturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PMSunday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Meal Times Served Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Parking Availability Street
- Atmosphere Family / Children
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu, Locally-Grown Ingredients
- Bar Beer, Wines
- Banquet Facilities Off-Site Catering
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Attire Casual
- Payment Methods
The menu from Tu Y Yo is composed of family recipes spanning over 100 years. From homemade salsas to typical meat sauces, each item is freshly made and 100% Mexican. We take pride in everything we prepare and thank you for taking the time to experience our culture. In the second half of the 18th century when Mexican towns were being established, fondas were created. Mexican settlers (much like those in the United States) had left their homes in search of land and opportunity. They too had to clear unsettled land and sacrificed all the comforts of home. These people wanted home-cooked meals in a home-like environment. From this came the Mexican fonda. A place where people could get typical dishes of the region prepared using family recipes.
- Best Known For
- Authentic Mexican.
- Best of Boston - Boston Magazine & Improper Bostonian. Please see our website for more info.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Tu Y Yo and other restaurants in your area!