15 Point Road Restaurant
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Monday| ClosedTuesday| 5:00 PM - 9:00 PMWednesday| 5:00 PM - 9:00 PMThursday| 5:00 PM - 9:00 PMFriday| 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMSaturday| 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMSunday| 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Atmosphere Romantic, Scenic View, Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Amenities TV, Private Party Room, Wi-fi
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access, Child Menu
- Bar Full Bar
- Banquet Facilities 10 - 20 People
- Reservation Information Not Required
- Attire Casual
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Parking Availability Street, Parking on Site
- Payment Methods
15 Point Road, A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. Check out Youtube.com/15pointroad for a video with information and views of the restaurant, along with some cooking. When one walks up to the doorway, the bed of fresh growing herbs just off the deck will give you hints of the treats that awaits. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. Across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If yo're lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay. If fresh seafood is what you're seeking... this is the place. Lobster Casserole, Fillet of Sole, Cod, local Scallops, and local Littlenecks top the list. 15 Point Road is also known for excellent Beef Wellington, Rack of Lamb, Veal Madeira, and Duck L'Orange. From the Char Grill also comes an excellent selection of Fillet Mignon, Sirloin, Pork Tenderloin Medallions, and Grilled Chicken. And judging from the smiling faces, everyone is enjoying their dinners. A comfortable full service bar with a water view awaits you, should there be a little time to wait before your table is available. You can choose from an excellent selection of domestic and international wines as well as the local Sakonnet Vidal Blanc. Restaurant.com certificates may not be used with our Prix Fixe Dinner selections. We invite you to join us soon and discover for yourself why we have been chosen as Portsmouth's Best Restaurant by the local dinners.
- Chef's Bio
- My name is Steve Renshaw. I have been in the food service business since 1970. I graduated from Johnson and Wales College in 1977 and began my career running kitchens. I have worked in private clubs in Newport and the Palm Beach Florida area since graduation. From 1987 to 1990 I was the Executive Chef of the White Horse Tavern. I was a club General Manager for 8 years prior to purchasing the restaurant in 1999. I use fresh ingredients and as we actually cook your food, we can adjust seasonings and are aware of any allergy concerns. If you have any questions, please call or e mail.
- Best Known For
- Consistently Great Fare! We use fresh ingredients and are always willing to cater to our patron's needs regarding allergies or tastes. Watch for information about Newport Restaurant Week. We do not accept restaurant.com certificates for Newport Restaurant Week specials.
- Best Portsmouth Restaurant - 2000,2001,2002,2003,2005,2006,2007 and 2008, "Best Duck l'Orange" Rhode Island Magazine 2000, One of the "Most Romantic" Newport This Week and East Bay Magazine, Lunch begins May 14, Thursday through Sunday 11:30 to 2:00
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for 15 Point Road Restaurant and other restaurants in your area!
You're almost ready to dine.