Eduardo de San Angel
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Hours Open Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-9:45pm. Closed on Holidays
- Amenities We can accommodate up to 30 people for private parties.
- Bar Wines, Mexican Beers
- Meal Times Served Dinner
- Attire Casual, No Jeans
- Special Needs Wheelchair Access
- Atmosphere Romantic, Family / Children, Bar Scene
- Payment Methods
Unless you know someone who attended a Mexican culinary school and graduate with honors, or you've dined in a five-star Mexican restaurant in Kukulkan Boulevard, Cancun, you've most likely never tasted such exquisite Mexican food. Once inside, amid the terra-cotta walls, you're in another world, a world hardly available elsewhere. Eduardo de San Angel is the epitome of upscale, splendorous Mexican cuisine with a pinch of American and European infusions for extra flavor. Thinking way "outside the bun," the chef here, renown Eduardo Pria, offers up exotic fare, including crab cakes with jalapeno sauce, beef tenderloin tips sauteed with Portobello mushrooms and onions with a chipotle chili sauce, and las crepas de cuitlacoche -ancho chili-flavored crepes stuffed with cuitlacoche, a dark-hued corn fungus that tastes like mushrooms, Serrano chilies and onions. Forget about going south of the border, a meal at Eduardo de San Angel is like the culinary version of traveling first class in the Orient Express.
- Chef's Bio
- Following in the footsteps of his father, Eduardo Pria opened his restaurant in January 1993 and has been described as the ultimate chef in gourmet Mexican dining. Eduardo received a scholarship to study the culinary arts in Escuela Hoteleria y Turismo; Madrid, Spain, for four years and upon graduation started an internship at the Plaza Anthenee Hotel in Paris, France, then the Excelsior Hotel Rome in Italy. As a Sous-chef Eduardo launched his career at the Hotel Los Molinos in Spain. He then moved to the states and held a position as executive chef at the Mansion at Turtle Creek in Dallas, The Down Under Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and at Walt Disney World Epcot Center in Lake Buena Vista.
- Best Known For
- Upscale, splendorous Mexican cuisine with a pinch of American and European infusions for extra flavor.
- Distinguished Restaurant of North America Award. Named by Zagat Guide as One of America's Top Restaurants. Voted by Zagat- Extraordinary. 1 Food Score Zagat Guide Best Food and Service in Broward County 2000, 01, 03, 04. DiRoNA Award Recipient - 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. Florida Trend Top 200 restaurants in America. Florida Restaurant Association's Golden Spoon Award Winner. Golden Spoon Award 2001, 02, 03. Chef-Owner Eduardo Pria Named as One of the Hottest Chefs in Fl.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Eduardo de San Angel and other restaurants in your area!
You're almost ready to dine.