Los Altos, CA 94022
Monday| 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMTuesday| 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMWednesday| 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMThursday| 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMFriday| 11:00 AM - 9:30 PMSaturday| 5:00 PM - 9:30 PMSunday| 5:00 PM - 8:30 PMLunch Mon-Fri 11am-2pm Dinner Sun-Thurs 5pm-9pm, Fri-Sat 5pm-9:30pm Sun 5pm-8:30pm
- Atmosphere Family / Children, Casual Family
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Child Menu, Lunchtime Deliveries and Allergy Needs Friendly
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines, Corkage Fee Available for Bringing Wine
- Banquet Facilities 50 - 100 People, Off-Site Catering, Up to 100 People
- Attire Casual
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Parking Availability Street, Parking on Site
- Amenities Private Party Room Rental
- Payment Methods
Maria Bustamante and family founded Estrellita in 1958. Maria was the original "Estrellita" and while she cooked, her daughter Helen ran the dining room. Over the years, long-time costumers have shared with us great anecdotes about those days. Helen Bustamante is remembered fondly for her uniquely grumpy charm and inimitable manner. There are signs on the walls that read "No Tipping, No Cigar, Cigarettes, Cigarillos or Pipe Smoking Allowed". Patrons ran the risk of being scolded if they broke any of those rues. Maria made a great burrito though and it had people coming back for more. In 1978 my aunt Nancy Corlay who is from Chiapas, a state in southern Mexico, bought Estrellita's and continued the tradition of serving great homemade cooking. She wisely decided to keep the name and of course, the original recipe burrito. A year later, my family arrived from Mexico and my mother Beatrice managed Estrellita's for the next fourteen years. My aunt and my mother wanted to add an authentic touch to Estrellita's cuisine and decor that was true to our southern Mexican roots, thus, "the specials" were born. My life is filled with memories of my sister Bea, my cousins Carla, Nancita, Jerry, Enrique and I, helping, learning, having fun and growing up in the family business. I became owner of Estrellita in 2003, and I welcome this wonderful opportunity. Our mission is to delight our guests with exceptional and distinctive homemade cooking from different regions of Mexico especially the southern part. We want to make sure we provide a delightful and unique overall experience for our customers. A happy guest is the foundation of our business. We have had the pleasure of getting to known many of you and we value your friendship. Thank you for being a part of the Estrellita tradition. If this is your first visit to Estrellita then bienvenidos welcome and thank you for choosing us.
- Best Known For
- Best know for authentic moles, monthly specials and tasty margaritas.
- 5 star rating 10-23-2008 The best red mole I have had in a very long time. Wait for them to make their special batches for Cinco de Mayo (May) and day of the dead (October). They have it on their regular menu but it is so not the same as when they make it for the holidays. These guys have great food but they are an awesome family restaurant too. 5 star rating 10-10-2008
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Estrellita and other restaurants in your area!
You're almost ready to dine.