Ricardo's Cafe Trattoria
Lowell, MA 01852
Monday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMTuesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMWednesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMThursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMFriday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMSaturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PMSunday: ClosedClosed Monday. Live Conversational Jazz every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Meal Times Served Lunch, Dinner
- Parking Availability Street, Parking on Site
- Attire Casual, No Jeans
- Atmosphere Romantic, Live Music, Bar Scene
- Special Needs Booster/High Chairs, Wheelchair Access
- Bar Full Bar, Beer, Wines, Micro Brews
- Banquet Facilities 50 - 100 People, Off-Site Catering
- Reservation Information Suggested
- Payment Methods
RICARDO, our proprietor, is a well-seasoned traveler who has explored Italy and Sicily extensively. His love of the culture, the cuisine, and the wines of Italy have compelled him to open this Cafe Trattoria seven years ago. The word trattoria is derived from the French word traiteur, "to treat," which was applied to the activities of small cook shops. In Italy, the trattoria is a local eatery, less elegant than the ristorante and with a limited, seasonal menu prominently featuring the chef's specialties. Trattoria are traditionally family operated, modest in size and reasonable in price, though in recent years many trattoria have become large and quite fashionable. Ricardo's returns to the tradition of the family-operated trattoria. The atmosphere of the trattoria is reminiscent of the trattorias Ricardo has frequented in his travels in Taromina, Messina, Tuscany, Firenze, Livorno, Pisa, Citaveccia, Roma, and Venezia. A visit to Ricardo's is a guaranteed fine casual dining experience, influenced by the cuisines of every region of Italy. All the dishes offered are prepared to order, utilizing the finest and freshest ingredients available as selected by the chef. For North End-style dining in historic downtown Lowell, a visit to Ricardo's Cafe Trattoria is a must.
- Chef's Bio
- Kevin McGuire the Executive chef is a well seasoned, award winning master in his kitchen. Kevin is also well known in the Merrimack Valley for his inventiveness in using exoctic fresh herbs and spices in all his dishes.
- Best Known For
- Wines of the world. Best Martini Bar in the Merrimack Valley.
- The restaurant has been chosen "The Best of the Best" for the past five years. People's choice & The Culinary Excellence Award for the best Chowder at the Lowell's Winterfest 2004 and 2005 and 2007.
People who viewed this restaurant also bought:
Craving for Savings?Sign up today to receive special offers for Ricardo's Cafe Trattoria and other restaurants in your area!
You're almost ready to dine.